What’s your strategic P.O.A?
Roulette is a game of chance. Should you feel you’re not up for laying caution to the wind, there are a few strategies that have been devised over the years that set a betting pattern. Some people prefer to follow a set of strategic rules in order to prevent big losses and frequent smaller wins. These strategies revolve around saving you money, winning money back and keeping losses at a minimum.
The Parlay System:
The Parlay System is one of the simplest and oldest systems in the book. It relies on a winning wager and the concept of “Let it ride”. Players will leave some or even all of their winnings on the table for the next spin. The tactic used is that of the positive betting progression. This means that player should play more when they win and bet less when they lose. I have personally won big at www.casinosonline-canada.ca using this strategy.
The Martingale System
This is also called the Double or Nothing System. Players will double their bets every time they lose and so when they do eventually win, they will get back all their losses and more. After every win, players must resort back to their standard betting amount. This relies on the player eventually winning, but of course it not guaranteed.
The Fibonacci System
This is based on the Fibonacci sequence which is 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89. Players must bet the number of units as per the sequence until they win. The good thing about it is that this system does not force you to make such large bets over a short period of time, and so you should experience far smaller swings.
Players like to use these systems to improve their chances of winning. However, more often than not, they don’t end up working quite as well as expected. The best thing for Roulette is to lay caution to the wind and just enjoy the sheer thrill of the game of chance.
Helpful Hints and Tips
There are a few tips and techniques that can help in a game of Roulette. While it remains a game of chance, there are ways to improve your gameplay and get lady luck on your side. We wish we had a sure-way strategy to guarantee wins (please tell us if you do!), but for now, take a look at some of the tips we’ve put together below:
- European Roulette gives you much better odds. The reason for this is that the 00 will give the house a better advantage, but a single 0 will take that advantage and give it back to you.
- Inside bets are the most frequent winners, but are also the toughest.
- Practise, practise, practise. The more experience you have under your belt, the better hang of the game you will get. If you’re confident and know what’s potting, it will be easier for you to make informed betting decisions and keep a cool head. Some online casinos offer free versions on their Roulette games, so you can get the practise without having to spend a penny.
- Varying bets and focussing on certain sections of the Roulette table is a good method to minimize the risks.
- Always know your limits. Play for enjoyment and make sure you don’t go overboard with spending. If you’re on a losing streak, leave the table for a bit and come back another time when you feel ready for the game again.
- Know the odds of the bets. We cannot emphasize enough how it will help you to know about your bets and the payouts. Once you’ve got a rough idea of bets, you’ll find the game a whole lot easier.